U.S. News & World Report, a respected online news magazine published in Washington, D.C., released their annual ranking of the best hospitals this month. From almost 4,800 hospitals across the country, only 732 made the Best Regional Hospitals list.
For the Miami – Fort Lauderdale, Florida metropolitan area, which includes Pompano Beach and West Palm Beach, there are a total of 74 hospitals.
U.S. News & World Report 2012 – 2013 Best Regional Hospitals for Miami – Fort Lauderdale, Florida:
- South Miami Hospital – Miami, FL
- University of Miami, Jackson Memorial Hospital – Miami, FL
- Cleveland Clinic Florida – Weston, FL
- Bascom Palmer Eye Institute at the University of Miami – Miami, FL
- Baptist Hospital of Miami – Miami, FL
- Memorial Hospital West – Pembroke Pines, FL
- Mount Sinai Medical Center – Miami Beach, FL
- Doctors Hospital – Coral Gables, FL
- Holy Cross Hospital – Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Homestead Hospital – Homestead, FL
According to the U.S.News website, the methodology behind the 2012-2013 Best Hospitals national rankings is also used to recognize Best Regional Hospitals. Criteria used included ‘high-performing’ hospitals and regional designations. To learn more about the U.S.News methodology, visit How U.S. News Selected the Best Regional Hospitals.