The Greater Fort Lauderdale / Broward County real estate market wrapped up 2012 with positive gains in both home prices and sales. The median price last month was $127,000, a 21% jump that ranked the market ninth in the nation, according to a report from California brokerage ZipRealty.
Nationally, home prices for 2012 rose by the most in the last six years, stimulated in large-part by strong demand and a low inventory of homes listed for sale. CoreLogic, a real estate data provider, reports its home price index, which is based on repeat sales of the same properties, rose 7.5% last year – the biggest annual increase since 2006. For 2013, CoreLogic forecasts a rise of 6% in home prices across the nation.
Following is a market snapshot of the Greater Fort Lauderdale / Broward County real estate market, comparing December 2011 with December 2012:
- The number of Greater Fort Lauderdale / Broward County homes listed for sale decreased 23.8% (11,260 vs. 8,585).
- The number of Greater Fort Lauderdale / Broward County homes sold increased 2.6% (2,204 vs. 2,146).
- The average amount of days a Greater Fort Lauderdale / Broward County home was listed for sale decreased 17.2% (93 vs. 77).
- The final sales price of a Greater Fort Lauderdale / Broward County home increased from 93% to 95% of the original listed price.
If you like charts and numbers, here they are! You can also view residential real estate data broken down by various areas in Greater Fort Lauderdale / Broward County by visiting the Greater Fort Lauderdale Real Estate News page.
Number of Houses in Greater Fort Lauderdale / Broward County For Sale vs. Sold vs. Pended (October 2011 – December 2012):
Average Days A Greater Fort Lauderdale / Broward County Home Was Listed For Sale & Sales Price vs. Original List Price (October 2011 – December 2012):
All reports presented are based on data supplied by the Realtor Association of Greater Fort Lauderdale. Neither the Association nor their MLS guarantee or are in anyway responsible for its accuracy. Data maintained by the Associations or their MLS may not reflect all real estate activities in the market. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
Other Posts You Might Enjoy:
- Your Fort Lauderdale Real Estate Resolution
- Best Hospitals in Miami-Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale – A Top Choice For Rest and Relaxation